Nikolai Serafimovich Zefirov (b. 1935)
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY DIVISION
LABORATORY OF ORGANIC SYNTHESIS
COURSE: ORGANIC SYNTHESIS
COURSE: STEREOCHEMISTRY OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS
COURSE: MATHEMATICAL CHEMISTRY AND COMPUTER SYNTHESIS
OCCUPATION: Academician, Professor, Head of organic chemistry
division. Graduated from Moscow State University (1958); Ph.D. (1961);
Dr.Sci. (1965); Professor (1973); Corresponding Member (1981) and Full
Member (1987) of Russian Academy of Science. Lomonosov Prize (1985).
State Award (1989). Butlerov Prize (1994).
SCIENTIFIC INTERESTS: organic synthesis, physical organic chemistry,
mathematical chemistry and computer synthesis, mechanisms of chemical
PHONE: (095) 939-1620
- T.S. Kuznetsova, O.V. Eremenko, O.V. Kokoreva, G.V. Zatonsky and
- Synthesis of cyclo-substituted triangulanes with four and five
spiroannulated three-membered rings by sequential peripheral cyclopropanation
of cyclooctene. Mendeleev Comm., N 5, 172 (1994).
- N.S. Zefirov, T.S. Kuznetsova, O.V. Eremenko, O.V. Kokoreva, G.V. Zatonsky
and B.I. Ugrak.
- Sequential peripheral cyclopropanation as synthetic approach to cyclic
and cyclosubstituted triangulanes. J.Org.Chem. 59, 1509 (1994).
- N.S. Zefirov, S.R. Agapova, P.B. Terentyev, I.M. Balachova, N.I. Vasynkova
and L.M. Modyanova.
- Degradation of piridine by Arthrobacter crystallopoints and Rhodococcus
opacusstrains. FEMS Microbiol.Letters 118, 71 (1994).
- I.I. Baskin, V.A. Palyulin and N.S. Zefirov.
- SYMBEQ program and its application in computer-assisted reaction design.
J.Chem.Inf.Comput.Sci. 34, 994 (1994).