ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY DIVISION LABORATORY OF KINETIC METHODS
SPECIAL COURSE: KINETIC METHODS, BIOCHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL METHODS OF ANALYSIS
PHONE: (095) 939-3346
Dr.Tatyana Nickolaevna Shekhovtsova. Professor, Division of Analytical Chemistry, Dept. of Chemitsry, Moscow State University, Russia. Born in 1947 in Russia. After graduation with M.S. (with honor) from Moscow State University (1970) she worked at the named University as a Junior Reseach Scientist, Assistant Professor and studied kinetics and mechanism of reactions catalyzed with metal ions. The title of her Ph.D. thesis (1974, MSU) was "Use of Activators in Kinetic Methods for Determination of Chromium". She was an Associate Professor since 1985 and is a full Professor since 1997. She is a group leader at the Laboratory of Kinetic Methods of Analysis. Her recent interests are enzymatic methods in analytical chemistry, especially methods for determination of enzyme effectors - inorganic and organic compounds, mechanism of enzyme inhibition, immobilization of enzymes, catalytic and enzymatic reactions on solid supports. The title of her Dr. Scientist thesis (1996, MSU) was "Enzymatic methods of analysis: determination of effectors of hydrolases and oxidases". She has over 100 publications. She is a member of the Scientific Council of Russian Academy of Sciences on Analytical Chemistry; the head of the Committee on Teaching Analytical Chemistry in Universities and Committee on Biochemical Methods in chemical analysis.
1. Shekhovtsova T.N., Chernetskaya S.V. Determination of Mercury at Picogram per Milliliter Level Using Immobilized Horseradish Peroxidase. Analyt Lett. 1994. V.27. N15. P.2883-2898.
2. Gazaryan I.G., Loginov D.V., Lyalulin A.L., Shekhovtsova T.N. Determination of Phenols Using Various Peroxidases. Analyt. Lett. 1994. V.27. N15. P.2917-2930.
3. Shekhovtsova T.N., Muginova S.V., Mizgunova U.M., Dolmanova I.F. Application of oxidases in analysis. Quimica Analitica, 1996. V.15. N4. P.312-320.
4. Shekhovtsova T.N., Muginova S.V., Bagirova N.A. Determination of organomercury compounds using immobilized peroxidase. Analytica Chimica Acta, 1997. V.344. P.145-151.
5. Shekhovtsova T.N., Muginova S.V., Bagirova N.A. Enzymatic determination of organomercury compounds and mercury(II) after their separation by thin-layer chromatography on 'Silufol'. Mendeleev Communications. 1997. V.3. P.119-120.