Chemistry and physics of stable radicals
and high spin molecules, ESR spectroscopy, NMR spectroscopy of paramagnetics,
spin chemistry, organic (molecular) ferromagnets. Buchachenko is one of the founders
and leaders in spin chemistry. He discovered magnetic isotope effect, a new
remarkable phenomenon of fundamental importance for chemistry, geochemistry,
physics and biology. He observed microwave emission generated by chemical
reaction (chemical maser, 1978) and formulated principles of chemical
radiophysics. He is also the author of the radio induced magnetic isotope
effect and spin catalysis. He has contributed new ideas in design and synthesis
of molecular ferromagnets
Anatoly Buchachenko currently is the
Professor of Chemistry and the head of Dynamics Department in the Institute of Chemical Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Professor of Chemistry
and the head of the Department of Chemical Kinetics at the Faculty of Chemistry
of Moscow State University. He received his MS degree from Gorky (Nizhny
Novgorod) University (1958) and his Ph. D. from the N.N.Semenov Institute of
Chemical Physics in Moscow. He was a postgraduate student, Assistant Professor,
Full Professor and Director of ICP (1994-1996).
Anatoly Buchachenko is the Full Member of
the Russian Academy of Sciences. He is awarded by the State Prize of the FSU
for science (1977); the Lenin Prize, the highest Award for science in the FSU
(1986); the Voevodsky Award (1997); National Prize for Education Activity
(2002); National Prize Triumph for the highest achievements in
science (2008). His scientific family includes more that 50 post-doctoral
fellows, post-graduate students and visiting associates. He is a member of the
Advisory Board in Chemical Physics Letters, Journal of Physical Chemistry,
Russian Chemical Reviews, Russian Chemical Bulletin, Russian Journal of
Physical Chemistry, Mendeleev Communications. Editor-in-Chief of Russian
Journal of Physical Chemistry.Focus on Physics.
Anatoly Buchachenko was born in Plesetsk
(now well known Russian Space Center), September 7, 1935. He is married to Maya
Buchachenko, technical editor of Science Publishers. Their son Alexei is the
Research Fellow in Moscow University, the daughter is the book art
Hobby: modeling of the ancient wooden churches, wooden architecture.
Generation and Reception of Radio- and Microwaves. A.L. Buchachenko, E.L. Frankevich. VCH
Publishers, N.Y., 1994.
and Magnetic Effects in Radical Reactions. K. Salikhov, Yu.Molin, R. Sagdeev, A. Buchachenko.
Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1984.
Stable Radicals. A. Buchachenko. Consultants Bureau, New York, 1965.
of Aging and Stabilization of Polymers. N.Emanuel, A.Buchachenko. VNU Science Press, Utrecht, Netherlands, 1987.
Induced Electron and Nuclear Polarization. A.L.Buchachenko (Moscow, 1974, in Russian; Bratislava, 1979, in Czech).
Radicals and Molecular Oxygen with Organic Molecules. A.L.Buchachenko, Moscow: Science, 1984 (in
Isotope Effect in Chemistry and Biochemistry. N.Y., Nova Science Publishers, 2009
Magnetic Isotope Effect and Isotope Selection in
Chemical Reaction. A. L. Buchachenko, Progress in Reaction Kinetics,
13 (1984) 164
- Magnetic Isotope Effect. V.Tarasov,
A.Buchachenko. Nature, 345, 25 (1990)
- MIE versus CIE: Comparative Analysis of Magnetic
and Classical Isotope Effects. A. L. Buchachenko, Chem. Rev., 95
- Molecular Ferromagnets. A. L Buchachenko, Mol.
Cryst. Liq. Cryst., 176 (1989) 307
- 29Si Magnetic Isotope Effects in the Photolysis
of Silyl Ketones. E.Step, V. Tarasov, A. Buchachenko, Chem. Phys. Lett.,
144 (1988) 523
- Electron Spin Exchange in Micellized Radical
Pairs. Magnetic Effects in Multinuclear Pairs. I.Shkrob, V.Tarasov,
A.Buchachenko, Chem. Phys., 153 (1991) 443
- Unusual Uranium Isotope Effect Induced by
Photolysis of Uranyl Salts in Micelles. I. Khudyakov, A.Buchachenko, Mendeleev
Commun. ( 1993) 135
- Magnetic and Spin Effects in Photoreduction of
Uranyl Salts. A.Buchachenko, I.Khudyakov, Acc. Chem. Res., 24
- Magnetic and Spin Effects in Recombination of
Radical in Micelles. V. Tarasov, I. Shkrob, E. Step, A. Buchachenko, Chem.
Phys., 135 (1989) 391
- Magnetic Isotope Effect in the Reaction of Disproportionation of
Radical Pairs. E. Step, A. Buchachenko, N. Turro. Chem. Phys. Lett.,
186 (1991) 405
- The Cage Effect in the Photolysis of Deoxybenzoin: Can Triplet
Radical Pair Undergo Geminate Recombination? E. Step, A.Buchachenko, N.
Turro. J. Org. Chem., 57 (1992) 7018
- Magnetic Probing of Transition States. A. Buchachenko, V.
Tarasov, N. Ghatlia, N. Turro. Chem. Phys. Lett., 192
- Examination of the Exchange Interaction through Micelle Size. 2.
Isotope Separation. V. Tarasov, N. Ghatlia, N. Avdievich, I. Shkrob, A.
Buchachenko, N. Turro. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 116 (1994) 2281
- Magnetic Isotope Effect and Oxygen Isotope Selection in Chain
Oxidation Reactions. L. Yasina, A. Buchachenko. Chem. Phys., 146
- An "Antiscavenging" Effect. E. Step, A. Buchachenko, N.
Turro. J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 116 (1994) 5462
- Wavelength Effect in Photolysis of Ketones: Magnetic Isotope
Separation 13C/12C. A Probe for Adiabatic Trajectories. E. Step, V.Tarasov, A.
Buchachenko, N. Turro. J. Phys. Chem., 97 (1993) 363
- Spin Catalysis: Three-Spin Model. A. Buchachenko, V. Berdinsky.
Chem. Phys. Lett., 242 (1995) 43
- Spin Catalysis of the Radical Recombination Reaction. A.Buchachenko,
L. Step, N. Turro. Chem. Phys. Lett., 233 (1995) 315
- Magnetic and Classical Oxygen Isotope Effects in Chain Oxidation
Processes: a Quantitative Study. A. Buchachenko, L.Yasina,. J. Phys. Chem.,
99 (1995) 4964
- Spin Catalysis of Chemical Reactions. A. Buchachenko, V.Berdinsky.
J. Phys. Chem., 100 (1996) 18292
- Cascade Strategy of the Chemically Induced Magnetic Isotope
Fractionation. A. Buchachenko, V. Berdinsky. J. Phys. Chem., 103A
- Spin Catalysis as a Nuclear Spin Selective Process. A. Buchachenko,
V. Berdinsky. Chem. Phys. Lett., 298 (1998) 279
- Compressed Atoms. A.L. Buchachenko. J. Phys. Chem.,
B105 (2001) 5839
- Recent Advances in Spin Chemistry. A.L. Buchachenko. Pure and
Applied Chem., 72 (2000) 2243
- Single Spin Electron Spin Resonance. A.L. Buchachenko. Chem.
Phys. Letters, 340 (2001) 103
- Magnetic Isotope Effect: Nuclear Spin Control of Chemical Reactions.
A.L.Buchachenko. J.Phys.Chem., A105 (2001) 9995
- Magnesium isotope effects in enzymatic phosphorylation.
. Buchachenko A.L J.Phys.Chem.B. 112,
- Paramagnet enhanced nuclear relaxation. Sartori E., Ruzzi M.,
Turro N., Komatsu K., Lawler R., Buchachenko A.L. J.Am.Chem.Soc.,
130, 2221-2225 (2008).
- Magnetic field affects enzymatic ATP synthesis.
. Buchachenko A.L., Kuznetsov D.A J.Am.Chem.Soc. 130,
- The porphyrin-fullerene nanoparticles: 25Mg magnetic
isotope effect. Buchachenko A.L., Kuznetsov D.A European J. of Medicinal
Chemistry. 36, 833-844 (2008).
- Paramagnetic complexes of magnesium as
mediators of ATP synthesis. Chem. Phys. Lett.. 483, 77 (2009).
- Magnetic field response of NaCl:Eu
spin-dependent crystal plasticity. Phys. Rev. B82, 0141115 (2010).
nanoparticles., A.L.Buchachenko, D.A.Kouznetsov International J. of
Nanoscience, 8, 947 (2008).
- Ion-radical Mechanism of Enzymatic ATP
Synthesis: DFT Calculations and Experimental Control. J. Phys. Chem. B.
114, 2287 (2010).
Isotope Effects in Environmental Chemistry and Biochemistry. Russ. Chem.
Rev. 78, 319−328 (2009)