Voronin Gennady F.
Dr. of Sc., Prof., Department of Chemistry, Moscow State University. SU-119899, Moscow,
Phone and Fax : +7(095)-939-1205.
Laboratory of Chemical Thermodynamics
Chair of Physical Chemistry
Moscow State University
Born in Moscow region , USSR (1935). Graduated and post-graduated from Moscow State
University (1958 and 1960)., Ph. D. (1963), D.Sc. (1971). Work at department of Chemistry
Lomonosov University: Junior Research Fellow (1960), Senior Research Fellow (1966), Head
of research laboratory of Chemical Thermodynamics (1976 - present).
Author of books:
- "Thermodynamic and structure of liquid metallic alloys", Moscow University
Press, 1966 (with A.M.Evseev);
- "Thermodynamics and material science of semiconductors", Moscow, Metallurgy
Press, 1992 (with co-authors),
- "Fundamentals of Thermodynamics", Moscow University Press, 1987
- about 200 research and review articles.
Main fields of scientific activity:
Pure and Applied Thermodynamics, Material science, Solid State Chemistry, Molecular
Beams and Gas Dynamics:
- - a new class of thermodynamic functions, partial functions of heterogeneous systems,
has been proposed and their efficiency in chemical thermodynamics established
(G.F.Voronin, J.I.Gerassimov, Rev de chimie minerale, 9 (1972), 153);
- - thermodynamic theory of molecular beams scattering by solids has been developed and
used for prediction of directional patterns of molecular beams with complex chemical
composition ( G.F.Voronin Int.J. of Mass Spectr. and Ion Phys., 43 (1982) 1);
- -a new numerical method for the calculation of the phase diagrams has been elaborated.
It does not need the thermodynamic properties of the equilibrium phases to be known (
G.F.Voronin, J. of Thermal Anal., 35 (1989), 2379);
- -phase and chemical equilibria in the materials with high-temperature superconductors in
the Y-Ba-Cu-O system have been investigated. It has been proved rigorously that this
materials are thermodynamically unstable under the application conditions (G.F.Voronin,
Pure & Appl. Chem., 64 (1992) 27)
Existance and Stability of Chemical Compounds
Inorganic Materials., 2000, v.36, N3, p.271
Thermodynamic characterization of high-temperature superconductors in the yttrium-barium-copper-oxygen system
Pure Appl. Chem., 2000, v.72, N3, p.463
- V.V.Kuz'menko, E.B.Rudnyi, and G.F.Voronin
The influence of Pressure on the Thermodynamic Properties of the YBa2Cu3O6+z Solid Solution
Russ. J. Phys. Chem., 2000, v.74, N2, p.168.
Honours and Awards:
State Award of the USSR on Science and Technic (1981), First Prize of USSR Mendeleev
Chemical Society (1974), First Scientific Prize of Chemistry Department MSU (1991).
Honoured scientist of Russia (1995).
Titular member of IUPAC Commission II.3 on High Temperature and Solid State Chemistry
Professor of Physical Chemistry of Moscow State University (since 1978).