Laboratory of the Theory and Mechanisms of Organic Reactions
of the division of ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
Head of the laboratory - Professor Kim P. Butin, Ph.D.
The group of theoretical problems of organic chemistry was organized by
academician O.A. Reutov in 1958. The purpose of the group was to develop
the theoretical research in the field of organic chemistry. Academicians
O.A. Reutov and I.P. Beletskaya, professors V.I. Sokolov, A.L. Kurz,
K.P. Butin and many other scientists worked in this group. In 1993 it was
decided to organize laboratory of the theory and mechanisms of organic
reactions as a separate subdivision.
- Irina G. Il'ina, Senior researcher
- Rustem D. Rakhimov, Senior researcher
- Tatyana V. Magdesieva, Senior lecturer
- Anna A. Moiseeva, Researcher
- Oleg V. Mikhalev, Senior researcher
- Igor V. Barinov, Senior researcher
- Igor V. Trushkov, Senior researcher
- Geta V. Gavrilova, Senior researcher
- Elvira V. Uglova, Senior lecturer
- Igor V. Zhukov, post-graduate student
- Sergei I. Gorelsky, student
- Sergei V. Milovanov, student
Research of the mechanisms of organic and organometallic reactions using
experimental (mainly electrochemical, kinetic and spectroscopic) and
theoretical (quantum-chemical) methods and, mainly those reactions, in
which one can expect intermediate formation of ion-radicals, ion-radical
pairs or charge transfer complexes. The purpose is to estimate the scope
of reactions in chemistry and degree of gravity of reactions of
one-electronic carry as of a fundamental principle in theory of chemical
- Theoretical problems of organic chemistry (special) (Prof. K.P. Butin)
- Organic chemistry (Prof. K.P. Butin)
- O.A. Reutov, A.L. Kurz, K.P. Butin. Organic chemistry. In four
volumes (2000 pages). The volume 1, MSU Publishing house, Moscow (1996).
- S.Z. Vazadze, N.V. Zyk, R.D. Rakhimov, K.P. Butin, N.S. Zefirov.
- Complexing properties of 3,7-diąząbicyclo [3.3.1] nonanes.
Izv.RAS, Ser. Khim., N 3, 456-459 (1995) (in Russian).
- V.Ya. Lee, A.A. Basova, I.A. Matchkarovskaya, V.I. Faustov, M.P. Egorov,
R.D. Rakhimov, K.P. Butin.
- Redox properties of dihalogermylenes, dihalostannylenes and their
complexes with Lewis bases. J.Organometal.Chem. 499, 27-34 (1995).
- T.V. Magdesieva, I.I. Kukhareva, G.A. Artamkina, K.P. Butin,
- Electrochemically Induced Aromatic Nucleophilic Substitution with
[5-C5H5) Fe (CO) 2] - and [5-C5H5) Mo (CO) 3] - Anions.
J.Organometal.Chem. 468, 213-221 (1994).
- K.P. Butin, A.A. Moiseeva, I.G. Il'ina, E.V. Ivanova.
- Valuation of force acceptor fragment in intramolecular charge transfer
complexes from electrochemical data. Vestn.Mosk.Univ. Ser. Khimiya
35, 82-84 (1994).
Phone: (095) 939-3065
FAX: (095) 959-5546
List of other divisions and laboratories of the Chemistry Department
Home Page of the Chemistry Department