Laboratory of Inorganic Synthesis
of the division of INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
Boris A. Popovkin, Professor, Dr.Sci.
- head of the laboratory since 1987
The Laboratory was founded in 1953 by Academician A.V. Novoselova.
Professors K.N. Semenenko, A.I. Grigoriev, O.N. Breusov, B.P. Sobolev,
B.M. Bulychev, E.I. Yarembash, A.S. Pashinkin, L.A. Aslanov, V.P. Zlomanov,
V.A. Maximov were members of the laboratory.
- Vladimir A. Alyoshin, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Elena I. Ardashnikova, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Anna E. Baron, Ph.D., Technician
- Alexander I. Boltalin, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Valery A. Dolgikh, Dr.Sci., Leading Scientist
- Vadim G. Kessler, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Yury M. Korenev, Dr.Sci., Professor
- Elena A. Lavut, Ph.D., Technician
- Igor V. Morozov, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Ludmila N. Reshetova, Ph.D., Researcher
- Anatolii N. Rykov, Ph.D., Researcher
- Victor A. Sipachev, Ph.D.,
- Vladimir A. Trifonov, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Evgenia P. Turevskaya, Ph.D., Senior researcher
- Natalia Ya. Turova, Ph.D., Senior researcher
- Andrei V. Shevelkov, Ph.D., Associate Professor
General directions of laboratory's research are:
The Laboratory participates in research programs of INTAS, Russian Foundation
for Basic Researches, Program "Russian Universities", Center
of Fundamental Nature Sciences; in State Research Program "New Principles
and Methods for Obtaining Chemical Substances and Materials".
- synthesis and structural investigation of Group I-VIII metal alcoholates -
the precursors for oxide materials;
- investigation of the correlations between the composition, structure and
properties in the rows of layered phases of Sillen and Aurivillius
- the construction, synthesis and structural features of the new
crystalline phases containing clusters of Group Vb elements and some
transition metals (Nb, Re, W);
- vapor phase interactions in halide, fluoride and carboxylate systems.
- Alcoholates of metals: their synthesis, properties and
utilization in sol-gel technique (Dr. N.Ya. Turova).
- The principles of inorganic synthesis (Prof. B.A. Popovkin).
- Soft and selective synthesis of some inorganic substances
(Prof. B.A. Popovkin, Leading Scientist V.A. Dolgikh).
- Advanced inorganic chemistry (Associate Prof. A.V. Shevelkov and
- N.Ya. Turova, Tabulated Inorganic Chemistry (the guide),
High School of Chemistry (RAS) Publishers, (prepared for printing: 1996).
- A.V. Shevelkov, M.Yu. Mustyakimov, E.V. Dikarev, B.A. Popovkin.
- (Hg2P)2HgBr4: A phosphorus analog of the Millon's base salts.
J.Chem.Soc., Dalton Trans., N 1, 147-148 (1996).
- A.V. Shevelkov, E.V. Dikarev, R.V. Shpanchenko, B.A. Popovkin.
- Crystal structures of bismuth tellurohalides BiTeX (X = Cl, Br, I) from
X-ray powder diffraction data. J.Solid State Chem. 116, 379-384.
- E.P. Turevskaya, N.Ya. Turova, A.V. Korolev, A.I. Yanovsky,
- Bimetallic alcoxides of niobium. Polyhedron 14, 1531 (1995).
- P.S. Berdonosov, A.M. Kusainova, L.G. Akselrud, L.N. Kholodkovskaya,
V.A. Dolgikh, B.A. Popovkin.
- Powder X-ray and IR studies of the new oxyselenides MOCuSe (M = Bi, Gd, Dy).
J.Solid State Chem. 118, N 1, 74-77 (1995).
Phone: (095) 939-3339
FAX: (095) 939-0171
List of other divisions and laboratories of the Chemistry Department
Home Page of the Chemistry Department