Laboratory of Inorganic Crystallochemistry
of the division of INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
Eugene V. Antipov, Ph.D. - head of the
laboratory since January 1996
- Sergei N. Putilin, Ph.D., Senior
- Roman V. Shpanchenko, Ph.D., Associate
- Oleg G. Djachenko, Ph.D., Scientific researcher
- Marina G. Rozova, Ph.D., Junior scientific researcher
- Andrei V. Mironov, Scientific
- Lev M. Vidavsky, Ph.D., Senior scientific researcher
- Eugueni M. Kopnin, Ph.D., Scientific researcher
- Sergei V. Lubarsky, Engineer
- Zoya Ya. Kulikova, Engineer
- Natalia V. Feklisova, Engineer
- Antonina I. Maximova, Technician
- Artem M. Abakumov, Postgraduate student
- Sergei Ya. Istomin, Postgraduate student
- Sergei M. Kazakov, Postgraduate student
- Konstantin Lokshin, Student
The laboratory of Inorganic Crystallochemistry was founded in 1936 by Yury
P. Simanov, who was its head up to 1962. His follower, Prof. Leonid M. Kovba,
was the head of the laboratory in 1962-1995. He made a great impact in
the study of complex oxides. Since January 1996 Evgueni V. Antipov heads
the laboratory. The stuff of the laboratory is 7 researchers, 1 associate
professor and 3 technicians. In the past 5 years 8 Ph.D. and more than 15
diploma works were done in the laboratory.
The main scientific interest is synthesis of new oxides with desired
properties and their crystallographic investigation. A great part of
scientific work is devoted to synthesis and study of high-temperature
superconductors, mainly complex copper oxides with layered structure. As
a result of these studies new family of mercury-containing complex copper
oxides with the highest transition temperatures were synthesized in 1993
by S. Putilin and E. Antipov. Structures of HgBa2CuO4+x, HgBa2CaCu2O6+x
and HgBa2Ca2Cu3O8+x, the first three members of that family, are
represented in the picture.
Since 1992 the structure of bismuth-containing complex copper oxides has
been studied using four-dimensional crystallography approach.
Another field of activity is the study of transition metals complex oxides,
niobium and rhenium in particular.
The laboratory is equipped with powder (STADI-P) and single crystal (CAD4)
diffractometers for precise structural studies, as well as with cameras for
photographic registration of diffraction patterns. Software for structure
refinement is kept up-to-date.
- "Crystallochemical design of inorganic compounds" in the
lecture course "Fundamentals of inorganic synthesis" (Eugueni
Antipov, for the 4 year students).
- "Crystallochemistry of superconducting compounds" in the
lecture course "High-temperature superconducting materials"
(Eugueni Antipov, for the 5 year students).
- "X-ray analysis" in the lecture course "Methods of
structural studies of inorganic compounds" (Roman Shpanchenko, for
the 3 year students).
- Lectures devoted to structures of solid state chemistry in the lecture
course "Modern inorganic chemistry" (Oleg Djachenko, for the
4 year students).
- "Experiments in the X-ray analysis" (Roman Shpanchenko,
Andrei Mironov, Sergei Putilin, for the 5 year students).
- L.M. Kovba, B.K. Trunov. X-ray analysis, Moscow University
Publishing House (1976) (in Russian).
- L.M. Kovba. X-ray analysis in inorganic chemistry, Moscow
University Publishing House (1991) (in Russian).
- O.M. Poltorak, L.M. Kovba. Physico-chemical fundamentals in inorganic
chemistry, Moscow University Publishing House (1984) (in Russian).
- L.M. Kovba. Transition metal oxides, Preprint, Chemistry Department
of Moscow State University (1973) (in Russian).
- L.M. Kovba. Fundamentals of solid state chemistry, Preprint,
Chemistry Department of Moscow State University (1995) (in Russian).
- S.N. Putilin, E.V. Antipov, O. Chmaissem, M. Marezio.
- Superconductivity at 94 K in HgBa2CuO4+d. Nature 362, 226 (1993).
- E.V. Antipov, S.N. Putilin.
- Record-holders among superconductors, Priroda (Russ.), N 10,
- N.R. Khasanova, A.V. Mironov, E.V. Antipov.
- Incommensurately modulated structure of Bi2Sr2Eu1.3Ce0.7Cu2O10.17
refined from X-ray powder data. Powder Diffraction 10, 2 (1995).
- E.M. Kopnin, S.Ya. Istomin, O.G. D'yachenko, E.V. Antipov, P. Bordet,
J.J. Capponi, C. Chaillout, M. Marezio, S. de Brion, B. Souletie.
- Synthesis, Structure and Resistivity Properties of K1-xBaxNbO3
(0.2<x<0.5) and K0.5Sr0.5NbO3. Mat.Res.Bull. 30 (1995).
- A.M. Abakumov, E.V. Antipov, L.M. Kovba, E.M. Kopnin, S.N. Putilin,
- Complex oxides with intergrowth structures. Russ.Chem.Rev. 64,
Phone: (095) 939-3375
FAX: (095) 939-4788
List of other divisions and laboratories of the Chemistry Department
Home Page of the Chemistry Department